After all the Christmas hubub, I decided it was time for a simple dinner this evening. After seeing this article last week, I couldn't resist trying to cook everything in the rice cooker. When some quick searching didn't yield any meals I thought my kids would eat, it was time to invent something... The kids ate about as much as they usually do, but I thought it was great.
- 2 cups rice
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bunch green onions (sliced)
- 1 cup celery (sliced)
- 1/2 lb. chicken (diced)
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Place all ingredients in rice cooker
- Set rice cooker to "cook"
- Serve when the rice cooker switches to "warm"